Entrepreneurs have long valued the concept of developing Internet sites as a statement about the existence of their company in the network. Gradually, web developers and seo-specialists managed to inspire their clients with the need to promote the site, which entails additional costs. The one who has received a real increase in profits after the activities carried out to promote the portal will not be difficult to convince of the need for further development. However, one can observe a situation where, against the backdrop of optimistic reports from Internet marketers, sales are declining.
This development of events occurs for several reasons, one of them is an incorrect analysis of the site, which forms the basis of all subsequent changes made to the resource.
There are two main systems for analyzing websites: Google Anaytics and Yandex Metrica, which allow you to work with traffic statistics and user actions. The first is considered more powerful and professional, and the second is more visual.
What indicators are taken into account when evaluating the effectiveness of a commercial resource?
- The number of unique users who visited the site during the analyzed period.
- Users who returned again in the period under evaluation.
- The number of people who left the site within 15 seconds.
- The number of pages viewed during the visit and the total duration of the study of the portal.
- Target visits, visits that ended with the purchase of goods, services, downloading files, filing an application, etc.
- The conversion shows the ratio of targeted visits to their total number. Its size depends on the type of product or service, target audience, cost, type of site and other criteria.
Secondary indicators are also subject to fixation, evaluation and analysis.
- The mouth of clicks allows you to determine which part of the analyzed pages visitors are most interested in and how much their actions correspond to those that the development of Internet sites assumed.
- Personal data of users: gender, age, city of residence, etc. Gathering this kind of information will allow content, communication, and sometimes even products to be tailored to the target audience.
- Browsers and types of devices from which the visit was made. With the advent of the so-called adaptive layout, the problem of correct display has faded into the background, as all developers are trying to cover the maximum possible screen resolutions, operating systems, and so on.
How often should a resource be assessed?
In most cases, once a month is enough.
Basic principles of analysis and work with the received data:
- different traffic sources are evaluated independently of each other;
- the search for new ways to attract visitors should be carried out all the time;
- increase the volume of traffic that gives the maximum number of targeted visits;
- when analyzing the results, pay attention to the content that brings the greatest number of clicks to the site;
- analyze the site of more successful competitors in order to learn from their positive experience;
- do not stop looking for additional opportunities to improve your resource for visitors.